Dental veneers’ primary purpose is to improve your smile’s appearance. It brightens your stained teeth, and you get your confidence back. It is an excellent choice for people who want natural teeth but want to correct them. In such situations, veneers are the best option for you. But have you thought if they are worth it? Let’s explore for having dental veneers are worth it.
How Long Do Veneer Teeth Last?
Generally, dental veneers tend to perceive long-lasting effects. They are most likely to last for over 8-10 years. In some rare cases, on average, veneers last for over 10-15 years. Cause, let’s be honest, if you don’t take care of your oral health, none of the dental procedures will last for a longer time. However, it would help if you took care of your oral health, which is an indispensable part of your routine.
Pros And Cons Of Dental Veneers
- Veneers are capable of covering chipped, cracked, and discolored teeth.
- They require minimal enamel removal.
- Dental veneers can enhance your smile and get a natural look.
- Veneers are low-maintenance and do not require a strict oral health regime.
- You might feel sensitivity around your veneers when you have hot or cold food.
- If you have composite veneers, they will stain.
How Do Dental Veneers Work?
Often referred to as porcelain veneers are custom-made shells. These shells are tooth-colored materials designed to cover the front surface of your teeth, thereby improving your appearance. The shells are then bonded with the front teeth changing their color, shape, and size.
Are Veneer Teeth Worth It?
Dental veneers are regarded as effective ways of improving smiles. If you have crooked or chipped teeth, you are a perfect candidate for veneers. The presence of porcelain veneers gives you a natural look and does not stain even if you have coffee or soda. Furthermore, veneers are long-lasting with a greater timespan, so you don’t need to visit your dentist frequently. However, in some cases, you might feel sensitivity in your teeth with hot and cold food, which is somewhat negligible. Thus, veneers are worth it, especially if you want a painless procedure to reform your smile.
Things To Consider Before Getting Veneers
Before getting your set of dental veneers, here are some things you should consider before getting them:
- Veneers are non-removable after application.
- Although porcelain veneers are a good option for a natural look, it only happens sometimes. Choosing a white color that matches your tooth color is crucial.
- A contradictory factor about veneers is that they are only for some. If one suffers from oral infection and tooth decay, they are not eligible for veneers. In that case, they need a tooth extraction or a dental crown.
- Once you get dental veneers, you will realize they are like natural teeth. So just like natural teeth, they can chip and crack, so you have to be very careful with your biting patterns.
- If you thought veneers were always permanent, then it’s not entirely true. It’s because temporary veneers are also available, which can be used for one or two weeks.
Dental veneers are an excellent choice for people who want to keep their natural teeth. With the proper veneers, you will be able to correct your teeth, which will enhance your smile naturally. If you have tooth staining and a chipped tooth, consult your dentist for an appointment. Don’t let those stains stop you from smiling.